Wednesday, May 20, 2009

India in 1835 and now in saggi jeans



Once more I encountered this piece of article... "India in 1835". I am proud that my India was having such a great culture. I was also reading an article in the newspaper which was related to 'saggy jeans' [Saggi jeans are the jeans which are even lower than the low-waist-jeans, so in a way they show most of your 'behind']. USA is going to ban those kind of jeans in their country. I hear it a lot that we Indians are following Americans all the time. We follow them in each and every kind of deed. They say the new generation is very much influenced by the western culture. Well I ask all my fellow Indians who is to be blamed? the new generation? Get Out!!! It's not the new kids who are to be blamed it's our ancestors. Our fathers, grandfathers, grand-grandfathers and forefathers, because they were the people who first fell for the western influence. If they were NOT influenced by the western culture back in the history, then our country would still have been a country rich of it's own culture. We have always been influenced by the western cultures since ages; so why blame new generations. The new generation is just following the legacy 'to follow the foreigners' which they have got in heritage. And I must say that they are following their forefathers very very honestly.
But as they say,"An old man gives good advice in order to console himself for no longer being able to set a bad example." That's exactly what our old men are doing. They are cursing the new-generation, because they want to hide their own mistake of following the foreigners. If you say this is not true, then I ask you that why was I fined in the school for NOT speaking in English. I was punished because my past generation believes that anything which is foreign is good. Our parents or the people of their ages or beyond have always made us believe, that whatever is imported is more worthy. We are just following our parents like good kids. That's our culture.

No comments: